25 Leland Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Rental Contract Ė Rules and Regulations THIS WILL BE A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
1. Check-in Time is after 3:00 PM on the first day, according to your reservation. You may go straight to the house when you arrive. Instructions for the key will be emailed to you the week before you arrive. You do not need to go by any office. If you anticipate arriving after 8:00 PM, please let us know your ETA by email or phone.
2. Pillows, bedspreads and some blankets are provided. Linens, towels, paper products, cleaning supplies, and toiletries are not provided. There are several linen services available on the island.
3. During your stay, report any non-emergency problems to us at mobile phone 704-616-8524. Problems will be attended to promptly.
4. No pets of any kind are allowed in the rental property. If a pet is discovered on the premises, occupancy will be terminated with no refund.
5. Absolutely NO SMOKING in the house or on the property, including the boat dock. Smoking on the premises may result in immediate termination of occupancy with refund. If smells or evidence of smoking on premises are detected the deposit will be withheld to clean property.
6. Absolutely NO HOUSE PARTIES. Should a house party occur in the rental unit, occupancy will be terminated with no refund.
7. Each Renter is responsible for cleaning the rental property before leaving. A specific cleaning checklist is on the refrigerator in the rental unit.. We do not provide cleaning supplies, WHEN YOU LEAVE: 1. Generally tidy up the place and make sure everything in in order as you found it, when you arrived. Do not rearrange furniture. 2. Wipe down baths and kitchen cabinets 3. Clean all perishable food out of refrigerator. Put all dirty dishes in dishwasher and start.4.Empty all trash cans and place the outdoor trash container at the street for pickup 7. Lock all windows and doors.. 9. Return all keys to the storage place. In general, do not leave any dirty baths or kitchen or any trash inside. The maid service will do the deep cleaning but we expect the house to be left in good order . It is your responsibility to leave the home neat, clean and with no trash or food debris remaining. Also, it is your responsibility to report any damage to us prior to your departure.
8. Renter is responsible for any damage incurred during his occupancy of the premises. We will not be held responsible for accidents, injury, or loss of valuables.
9. Renterís Security Deposit will be refunded, if the unit is left in satisfactory condition as described in item 7. Refunds will be mailed within 30 days of the renterís last day at the unit.
10. Close and lock all doors and windows, and make sure all appliances are turned off, except the refrigerator, before departing. During air conditioning times, please turn the unit to 80 degrees upon departure. During heat months, please set heat to the lowest setting upon departure. In early spring and late fall, please turn the thermostat off, when leaving.
11. Check-out time is 10:00 A.M., SHARP. No one is to be in the unit or on the unit property after check-out time.
12 Reservations may be made anytime and will be honored, provided payment is received as agreed and is deposited.
14. Rental Deposits will be refunded on cancellations, less 15%, only if the unit is re-rented.
15. There will be no refund for inclement weather, except mandatory evacuations. In the event of mandatory evacuation, the pro-rata share of the rental charge will be refunded.
16. Any interest earned on deposits and advance rents paid will accrue to our benefit.
17. If you use any of the recreational/sporting equipment, you agree to use it with care, and repair or replace anything which you damage, destroy, or lose. For example, the bicycles are locked in the basement, but if you use them and one is lost, we ask that you to replace it with one of like kind.
18. Rental Charge is based, in part, on number in party. Under no circumstances should there be more than 12 overnight occupants. Violation of this provision may result in termination of occupancy, without refund.
19. If for any reason we are unable to deliver the property to you for the rental period contracted (for example, the home is damaged by a hurricane), we shall refund your money in full.
20. RESERVATION FEE: Unlike the local real estate rental companies, we DO NOT charge reservation FEES.
21. CONFIRMATION DEPOSIT: You should print this document, and sign and date each page as confirmation of your agreement. Then you should mail it to us. Email us with confirmation so that we can tentatively reserve. You will need to mail us a deposit of THE LESSER OF 50% of the gross amount due, including tax and security deposit, or $900. This payment may be paid by personal check and mailed to May Robinson, 917 Sandswood Drive, Gastonia, NC 28054. THERE WILL BE A TWENTY-SEVEN DOLLAR CHARGE FOR ANY RETURNED CHECK. We will continue to market the property for rent until receipt of your deposit check. Upon our deposit of your initial check, your contract with us is bound. Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your check. If for any reason the property has already been rented to another party when we receive the check, we will promptly return it to you in this envelope; otherwise, we will use the envelope to return your security deposit, at the appropriate time (item 9 above)
22. BALANCE OF PAYMENT: The balance on the rent, all taxes and security deposit is due 30 days before arrival date. NO REMINDERS WILL BE SENT.
23. Please be aware that the locked closets are property of the owner and are not to be entered under any conditions. If upon arrival you discover any damage to the property PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY AT 704-616-8524 (MOBILE #).
24. INSPECTION OF PROPERTIES: The property shall be inspected after your departure. If damage does occur in the unit, please do not feel embarrassed, but report the damage to us immediately. We can handle the repair while you are here and alleviate any questions of both parties. If it is discovered that the owner's closet has been broken into after your departure, you will be charged the full replacement cost for all items that are missing plus any expenses that are incurred to replace the missing items.
25. If you plan on arriving early, let us know via email and we will see if the unit can be made available earlier. If you arrive early, you may want to visit the Coastal Carolina Museum, shop in the various retail shops or dine at one of the local restaurants.
26. KEYS: Keys are located at the rental house. We will email you where to find the key upon receipt of the final payment and no less than 30 days prior to your arrival. Keys will not be given out to anyone other than the person whose name is on the reservation (or email address above), unless we have been given previous authorization.
27. LOCK OUTS: If you lock yourself out of your unit, please call 704-616-8524 (mobile. There will be a $50.00 cash fee for opening the unit or providing a replacement key.
28. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS: We will do our best to keep all equipment in good repair. When you check in or during your stay, if you discover anything not in working order, please notify us immediately, by email or telephone call to 704-616-8524. We will correct it as soon as possible.
29. There will be NO REBATES given due to the malfunctioning or breakdown of appliances, air conditioning, televisions, telephones, computer, fax machine, printer, or any other property equipment or services.
30. OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of number people allowed at 25 Leland is 12. The city ordinance does not allow additional guests to sleep in vehicles parked on the property or on boats. We rent to FAMILIES AND RESPONSIBLE ADULTS ONLY. Misrepresentation of the party will result in immediate termination of the rental agreement, expulsion, and the loss of rental fee. We reserve the right to refuse occupancy, if we feel the occupancy could be detrimental to the property.
31. PETS: ABSOLUTELY NO PETS ALLOWED INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE RENTAL PROPERTY. IF A PET IS FOUND YOU WILL BE CHARGED A NON-REFUNDABLE FEE OF $125.00. YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEITED, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO REMOVE THE PET IMMEDIATELY OR VACATE THE PREMISES WITH NO REFUND.
32. EVEN THOUGH WE DO NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ITEMS LEFT IN PROPERTY, we will make every effort to locate lost items. Upon request, we will mail items found to you. These items will be shipped COD plus a $10.00 handling fee
Garbage pick-up during the summer months is on
Thursday and Saturday. The containers must be
placed at the street by 7:00 a.m. FIREWORKS:
Fireworks are not legal in North Carolina. A
$500.00 fine will be enforced.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ADVISE YOU TO READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN REGARDING 25 LELAND AND OUR RULES SO THAT MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR INCONVENIENCES MIGHT BE PREVENTED. IF THERE ARE ANY CONTRADICTIONS BETWEEN THIS DOCUMENT AND OTHER INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE, THIS DOCUMENT SHALL TAKE PRECEDENCE. RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME, BUT THE RULES APPLYING TO YOUR RENTAL, SHALL BE THOSE AS WRITTEN AND IN FORCE AT THE TIME AND DATE OF YOUR EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Property ID: 25 Leland Street
Number in Party: ____________
Number of nights: _________
Beginning Date of Stay: ____________
Check-out Date of Stay: ____________
Rent rate ______________________
Refundable Security Deposit: 300.00
Maid Service($140)-this is included for weekly renters: ________________
THIS CONTRACT IS BOUND UPON OUR RECEIPT AND DEPOSIT OF THE RENTERS FIRST PAYMENT
# of Persons in group who are neither family nor over 25 years of age____________ .Except as just listed, Renter certifies with his (her) signature that all members of their group are either part of a family group or group of responsible adults over aged 25. Non-family guests under aged 25 shall not exceed the number listed above. Violation of the number of provisions of this paragraph may result in the termination of the rental agreement, immediate removal from the premises, and forfeiture of any money paid.
We are glad to be able to rent our place to you. We hope that you will have an enjoyable experience while vacationing at Ocean Isle Beach. We hope that our home, with its many amenities provide a real enhancement to your stay. Please carefully review the regulations above, sign and return along with the rental deposit due. If you have any questions or need clarification of anything about your rental, please phone us at 704 865 9225
Signature_________________________ Date _________________
Cell phone number__________________________________